Our Founding Story
A Taste of Home, Spreading Happiness
In 1999, restaurant owner Tsai Ling-Lan opened a Taiwanese-style breakfast restaurant called “Ling-Lan ua’nn-kue’” on Provincial Highway 3 in Zhongpu Township, Chiayi, in order to support her family. Under the philosophy of “treating customers like family,” she used rare, contract-grown native rice from the Chiayi-Tainan Plains and high-quality ingredients to create savory rice pudding with a chewy texture. Her children have since returned to their hometown to inherit the philosophy of their mother. Using the same high-quality ingredients, they continue to make savory rice pudding for the sheer sight of the satisfied smiles of customers and to pass on this happiness to all.
We Made It!
1. In 2017, awarded 2nd place in Southern District for “Best Savory Rice Pudding Selection Competition” sponsored by the Agricultural Food and Food Administration, and won the National Award for Excellence.
2. On the white wall inside the store, there is a description of the traditions, ingredients, and production process of our savory rice pudding.
3. All of the ingredients used are local specialties from all over Taiwan. Using traditional methods of processing, we are able to bring out the best and most original taste. Every day, we make savory rice pudding with our hearts, using only the highest-quality ingredients.
4. If you come to Zhongpu, don’t miss out on this old-fashioned food – Ling-Lan ua’nn-kue.’
* Source: 100% Native Taiwanese rice!
Indigenous rice from the Chiayi-Tainan Plains.
We use locally grown rice that is approved by the Agriculture and Food Agency, ISO certified, and HACCP verified.
* Nutritional Value:
Contains the highest content of resistant starch of all rice varieties. (Contains 70% carbohydrates, 7% protein, 1% lipids, and minerals such as vitamin B1, calcium, and iron)
Natural, gluten-free, zero acid reflux, Lower blood sugar level, Lower weight gain
* Production Process:
Carefully Select Ingredients & Eat with Confidence-> Grind Rice & Water in Blender-> Gelatinization & Pouring-> Steam-> Cooling.
Recommended to eat chilled for chewy texture.
We use 100% long-grain Indica rice. For extra chewy texture, can place in the refrigerator and chill. Of course, it is also delicious when eaten warm!